Core Values of Abounding Service
We believe God tells his people to support orphans, widows, and strangers in the land, which today includes UN sponsored refugees.
- In Luke 14:21-23 Jesus, through a parable, says we are to:
- God says in Leviticus 19:34 “Treat them (foreigners) as you would an Israelite, and love them as you love yourselves.”
- Serve people created in God’s image in such a way that they will be able to serve others.
- Statement of Faith: Lausanne Covenant
Board of Directors
- Mr. Mike Sherer, President
- Ms. Mary Kaech, Vice President
- Mr. Randy Gault, Secretary
- Mr. Mike Gallagher, Treasurer
- Mr. Bobby Cox
- Ms. Jennifer Crandall
- Pastor Thang Moi
- Mr. Tom Ryan
- Mr. Ernest Victor
Pastor Gary De Velder is the Founder and Executive Director of Abounding Service. Gary was ordained to the ministry in 1969 and has held positions in religious education, fundraising development, and non-profit administration. He believes that God has decided it is time for him to bring all of these various types of life experiences to bear on this great opportunity for service and outreach in Greater Phoenix.
Click here to email Gary
Derek DeVelder is the Assistant Director of Abounding Service. He was an English instructor for adult refugees at Lutheran Family Services in Albuquerque, NM and has worked in performing arts administration in marketing and fundraising. Derek plays the double bass in the Arizona Opera and shares this experience by utilizing music and rhythm to reinforce the "swing" of spoken American English with students.
Click here to email Derek